How is Green Tea with Jasmine made?
The green tea leaves – not affected by oxidation – absorb the fragrance and flavour of the jasmine flowers hence brewing a soft, mild tasting cup. This delightful, light taste by adding certified organic pink rose petals to the blend.
The green tea, used as a base, is harvested in early spring and has to be stored until the jasmine plant, grown at high elevations in the mountains, can be harvested in late summer. The tea leaves are then scented with aroma from the jasmine blossom. The scenting process takes place at night when the jasmine flowers open and release their fragrance. It is repeated several times until the desired level of aroma is developed.
The subtly sweet and highly fragrant brew is the most famous scented tea in China and is best enjoyed on its own, without sugar or milk.
What is in our certified organic Jasmine blend?
• Jasmine Green Tea
• Rose Petals
All ingredients are 100% certified organic.
How to brew it?
- Temperature: ~80°C
- Use 1 heaped teaspoon per 200ml of water.
- Allow the tea to brew for 2, maximum 3 minutes.
Serve either hot or cold.
ADVISE: If the taste is slightly bitter or leaves a dry feeling in your mouth, and is not soft and delicate as intended, you steeped the blend for too long, the water was too hot, or you took too many leaves for the amount of water. Try reducing the steeping time or water temperature and experiment with the amount of leaves per cup to find your personal preferences.
What are the health benefits of Green Tea with Jasmine?
Our Jasmine Green Tea not only has an added sweet taste and fragrance but also includes healing properties and nutrients that are found in Jasmine. It is filled with antioxidants that assist the body in combating against harmful bacteria as well as forming good bacteria.
Jasmine tea benefits include:
- Cold prevention: The antiviral and antibacterial properties found in Green Tea encourage the body to fight against illness. It also assists with helping speed up recovery and boosts the immune system.
- Digestion: Green Tea with Jasmine is very good for digestive health and this leads to assisting with weight loss.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Jasmine itself has been used for stress relief throughout history and has the ability to reduce a person’s heart rate as well as alter their mood. The scent of the Jasmine flower is calming, bringing about feelings of relaxation.
- Skin benefits and anti ageing: The antioxidants and anti inflammatory activities contained in Jasmine Green Tea can help reduce the signs of aging. While there is some evidence of this, the benefits do depend on consuming green tea and green tea formulated products.
- Regulating blood circulation: Jasmine Green Tea improves a person’s health but also reduces the risk of heart related diseases.
Does Jasmine Green Tea contain caffeine?
Yes, there is caffeine in jasmine tea. This is because green tea is used as a base.
How much caffeine does Jasmine Green Tea contain?
The content of caffeine found in Green Tea with Jasmine varies depending on how much tea is used and how long it is left to brew. Jasmine flowers do not contain caffeine, however green tea leaves do naturally contain a low level of caffeine. Therefore, while green tea does contain some caffeine, the overall amount is noticeably lower than regular black tea.
Green tea: 25mg caffeine per cup
Black tea: 47.4mg caffeine per cup
Store out of direct sunlight below 30°C.
Not intended to diagnose in any way. For treatment consult a healthcare professional.